What is IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy? And is it right for me?
It’s pure gold. The gold standard, that is.
Intense Pulsed Light™ (IPL™) Photorejuvenation Therapy is an FDA-approved, patented technology that uses intense pulses of light to penetrate, and — you guessed it — rejuvenate the skin of the face, neck, chest and hands. Intended to reduce, if not altogether eliminate the many signs of aging (including wrinkles, unsightly veins, and skin discoloration), IPL™ encourages the production of collagen, leaving the skin smooth and supple.
Renewed, youthful-looking skin? Sign me up!
Am I a good candidate for IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy?
Not everyone will be a good candidate to undergo IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy at Chevy Chase Cosmetic Center (which is why our cosmetic dermatologists encourage all prospective patients to visit our Maryland office for a free consultation).
You might be a good candidate for IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy if…
- You have blotchy, sun-damaged, or discolored skin.
- Your skin is affected by large pores, freckles, or wrinkles.
- You have white, untanned skin that has maintained its elasticity.
- You have a busy schedule, and are looking for a way to achieve brighter, more younger-looking skin — quickly, conveniently, and with no downtime.
You might not be a good candidate for IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy if…
- You have dark, or deeply tanned skin. People with tanned, or naturally dark skin sometimes experience drastic changes in skin pigmentation after undergoing IPL treatment. Discuss the risks and potential side effects with your Chevy Chase Cosmetic Center cosmetic dermatologist before proceeding.
- You are taking the medication Accutane®, or have stopped taking the medication less than six months ago.
- You are pregnant.
What can I expect during IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy treatment?
When it has been determined that IPL Photorejuvenation Therapy is right for you, a Chevy Chase Cosmetic Center cosmetic dermatologist will schedule an outpatient procedure — that may range in time anywhere between a few minutes and an hour, depending on the size, complexity, and location of the area to be treated.
With protective eyewear on (Safety first!), brief pulses of very bright light will be applied to the skin using a handpiece. Some Chevy Chase Cosmetic Center patients have likened the sensation to the ‘snap’ of a rubber band, far more irritating than painful.
What results can I expect after IPLTM treatment?
Immediately following treatment, you can expect the treatment area to appear slightly red, or flushed, and it may take several hours or several days — and in fact, several treatments to see optimal results. Note: Though IPL is a treatment from which you’ll often see rapid improvement, it’s vital to the life of the procedure that you wear sunscreen. Be sure to protect the treated area with a strong sunscreen for at least three weeks. When you take the time to care of your new and improved look, your look will take care of you.
Ultherapy + IPL = Healthier Looking Skin
Ultherapy is the only procedure approved by the FDA for lifting and tightening the skin of the neck and chest without surgery. This non-invasive, ultrasonic treatment can be completed in just one procedure, with no downtime! And for a limited time only, when you purchase a full-face or décolletage Ultherapy treatment, you’ll receive an IPL treatment, too!
Contact Chevy Chase Cosmetic Center for your Ultherapy + IPL Phorejuvenation Therapy consultation today!